Talenza are looking for an IT all-rounder to join our clients core technical team as a DevOps engineer, and to share the responsibility for running a complex, mixed-OS environment of 1200 nodes spread across 180 sites around the globe.
The day-to-day responsibilities of this role will be split between the operations/system administration of our clients servers as well as some software development to keep their network humming. The position would suit either a developer with some operations experience or an administrator with some development experience.
The responsibilities and key experience for this position are listed below. If you're not an exact match, don't let the requirements or the scale put you off; our client is a small, dynamic team, so the most important thing they are looking for is someone with the right attitude and approach. They are looking for like-minded individuals who are self-starters and who love a challenge.
Australian residency and a valid working visa are required for this position.
- System administration of a large network of Windows, OSX and Linux servers and clients
- Software development to support our clients product, monitoring and operations
- Proactive monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting of our clients network
- Setting up automation of monitoring and administration tasks to facilitate day-to-day operations
Key skills and experience:
- Significant experience with Windows and Unix system administration
- Significant experience with software development in a high level language, and with writing and maintaining unit tests
- Strong background in troubleshooting within a large complex environment
- Excellent understanding of IP networks
- Extensive experience with one or more scripting languages
- Experience with support and administration of Apache, MySQL, BIND
- Experience with monitoring systems (Nagios, Xymon) is desirable